When choosing auto insurance, you want complete coverage for the best price.
There’s a lot to think about when choosing auto insurance. In some states, to license your car you must carry liability coverage for damages incurred by others if you cause an accident, or no-fault coverage to pay for medical and related expenses for you and your passengers caused by injuries from a car accident, regardless of fault; or carry both. Check with Fox Insurance at 503-277-2300 to see what’s required in Oregon and Washington.
If you live in Oregon or Washington and don’t have car insurance, you risk paying the full cost of:
- Medical costs due to injury to yourself or others.
- Repairing or replacing your car if it’s damaged or stolen.
- Damage or injury from an auto accident with an uninsured driver.
- Damage to your vehicle when it’s parked at your home or a public place.
So, how can you tell what amount of coverage is best for you? Consider your driving profile.
- What kind of car do you drive? Coverage on your vehicle depends on its value. The less expensive the car, the lower the insurance premium you generally pay.
- How much do you drive? Drivers who use their car for business and long-distance commuting normally pay more than those who drive less.
- What’s your age, gender, and marital status? Statistics show accident rates are impacted by a driver’s age, gender, and marital status. If there are multiple drivers in your household, that can also affect your price. Parents can lower risk by keeping teens safer on the road.
- Where do you live? Your location, whether you live in Portland or Beaverton or somewhere else, and whether you’re a homeowner or renter, will affect your car insurance payment.
- What is your driving record? Drivers with a history of accidents or chargeable motor vehicle violations (e.g. speeding ticket) generally pay more than those who are accident-free for several years.
- What is your credit history? Many insurance companies consider credit history when determining an individual’s rate.
For more details, give Fox Insurance a call at 503-277-2300.
Ask Fox Insurance Agency
Fox Insurance can help you find insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to discuss when you call 503-277-2300:
- How much can I afford to pay if my car is in an accident, damaged, or stolen?
- What would my cost savings be if I raised my deductible?
- Can I get discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies?
- Will I save money if my car is stored in a garage, or if I belong to an auto association?
- How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
Call for a quote today.