We’ve all been there before. And although the majority of us are never going to be in the Olympic arena competing for our own gold medal, there are ways that we can improve our physique to become just a little more Olympian-like.
- Before you head out for a hard workout, eat a small meal or snack. Your body will be able to sustain a higher level of exertion throughout your entire workout.
- Get rid of the recovery shakes or chocolate milk after your workout, unless you are participating in back-to-back training on a regular basis. Your muscles will have enough time to recover on their own and the calories that you add to your diet may thwart your workout plan.
- Pack enough water to stay hydrated throughout your entire workout. There is not much you can do to recover in a workout when you become dehydrated.
- Believe in yourself and be positive throughout the time that you are working out.
- Evaluate your physique and choose a sport or activity that your genetically prone to have success in.
So, don’t fret if you are spending way too much time watching the Olympics. They are only on for two weeks and after the closing ceremonies you can jump off the couch and start working toward your own personal goals.