The holidays have officially arrived! And for many of us in Portland, Beaverton, and throughout Oregon and Washington that means shopping, gifting, decorating, partying, and traveling. And a whole lot of it!
Fox Insurance Agency is always on the look out for things that might put our clients at risk. That’s why we wanted to share a few quick reminders this month to help you avoid some potential claim situations.
1. Be careful with a live Christmas tree. Real trees are beautiful but can be hazardous. Water your tree daily and turn the lights off at night and when you won’t be home to help avoid a house fire.
2. Don’t leave gifts in your car! A lot of people don’t realize that items in their car are NOT covered by auto insurance. While property off premises is covered by home and renters insurance, it is typically subject to a much higher deductible. If you must leave anything in the car, put it in the trunk and lock the doors.
3. Traveling out of town? Don’t make it too obvious! Leave lights on in the house, stop your mail, and leave your phone number with a trustworthy neighbor who will keep an eye on your home.
4. Make sure to keep an updated insurance card in your car when you travel. Not only is it good to have if you get pulled over, but all the information you need is in one place if you were to have a claim.
5. Received some special jewelry for the holidays? Make sure to call us! We’ll review all of your options to make sure it is properly covered and protected.
And most important? Have a safe and joy-filled holiday!
At Fox Insurance Agency, we hope these tips will help ensure that you and your family have a safe and Happy Holiday Season!
For further questions and assistance, please contact Fox Insurance Agency at 503-277-2300 or info [at] foxinsure [dot] com.