Does your home insurance in Beaverton, OR cover your house from flood damage?
Flash floods are potentially the most dangerous kinds of floods because they happen instantly and often without any prior warning. They are defined as “rapid flooding of low-lying areas in less than 6 hours” and are typically caused by intense rainfall.
Floods can happen anywhere. In short, no one is safe! It’s best to take precaution now before finding out that all of the sandbags are gone, your belongings are ruined, and Beaverton, OR flood insurance is too late to purchase! As typical home insurance in Beaverton, OR excludes damage caused by flood, it’s important to purchase flood insurance to protect your home and belongings.
What should you do in a flash flood warning?
- Move to higher ground immediately or stay on higher ground.
- Keep your TV or radio on and evacuate if necessary.
- Unplug all electrical appliances.
- Turn off your gas and electricity at the main value (if instructed) to help prevent fires and explosions.
- Never drive through flood water, even if it looks shallow! Just 2 feet of water can sweep your car away.
- Build or restock your emergency preparedness kit beforehand! Include a flashlight, batteries, cash, water, non-perishable food, first aid supplies, and other necessities!
- Move outdoor furniture inside and move important indoor items to the highest possible floor. This will help to protect them from flood damage!
Determine your need for flood insurance:
- Do you live on a flood plain, or near a water source?
- Do you have belongings that you wouldn’t like to be without?
- Could you afford to rebuild your home and replace your possessions from scratch?
Talk to your independent insurance agency to determine your need for flood insurance and the best fitting policy for you! Contact Fox Insurance Agency for a quality and reliable flood insurance and home insurance in Beaverton, OR policy!