Match the high safety of your car with your auto insurance in Beaverton, OR.
Are you taking advantage of the January sales? If you are, you may have considered some of the amazing deals that many car dealers have at this time of year! If a new car is on your wish list this 2016, you’ll want to keep safety in the forefront of your mind when shopping for one!
Not only do vehicles vary in size and color, they also vary in safety ratings. Many automakers offer safety features beyond the required federal minimums. Aim to purchase a safe car, as one can keep you safe for many years to come!
Keep these signs in mind when shopping for a safe car!
- Size – The laws of physics dictates that larger and heavier cars are safer. While Smart Cars (those tiny cars!) are great for island driving, they could be at risk of complete destruction if they were involved in a freeway crash with SUVs. However, bigger isn’t always better! Big cars can guzzle more fuel, inconvenient to drive, and can be more expensive overall.
- Performance – High-performance cars can tempt you to drive faster. Before buying your teenager a nifty sports car, you should consider the likelihood of them going above and beyond the speed limit.
- Structure – Ask the dealer about a car’s safety cage. The crumple zone should be sufficient and the materials used shouldn’t be flexible or cheaply constructed. If the front and rear crush zones are inadequate, the likelihood of injury increases rapidly.
- Restraint systems – Belts, airbags, and restraints all work together with a vehicle’s structure to protect passengers in serious crashes. In some cars, there will be a simple belt and passengers and driver airbags. More and more cars are now installing multi-way belts for added protection for children and babies, as well as side airbags. Look for the car with more added restraint systems!
- Daytime running lights – By having low beam headlights on during the day, the visibility of the car is increased, thus a crash is less likely.
- Anti-lock brakes – These prevent brake lock ups and allow you to keep the car in control!
- Crashworthiness – See how cars faired up In crash ratings here.
The price of safety doesn’t have to come with a hefty price tag! Once you have secured the ideal, safe car for you and your family, receive a reliable and protective auto insurance in Beaverton, OR! Contact Fox Insurance Agency for all of your insurance needs in Beaverton and the surrounding areas of Oregon!