Boat Insurance in Portland, OR from Fox Insurance!
Oregon has some of the best locations to use your boat in the world. One of the last things that you want to worry about when out on your boat is if you have the right Boat Insurance coverage in case something goes wrong.
At Fox Insurance we have been providing comprehensive boat insurance in Portland and neighboring communities of Aloha, Tigard, Beaverton, and many other cities in Oregon. We know boat insurance and can help you find the right insurance for the best price possible.
In most cases the insurance for your boat will be less than a dollar a day. With the right boat insurance and that price you will be able to relax and enjoy your boating experience.
Full Coverage policies generally include:
- Navigational Area - When determining which type on insurance you want it is important to determine where you normally go. For example Safeco will cover you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline; into Canadian coastal or inland waters; and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. If you are looking to go further than that there are other options available wher you can purchase additional coverage. Fox Insurance Agency offers boat insurance coverage through a variety of insurance companies which let us find the right rate for your needs.
- Agreed Value Coverage - The value of watercraft will depreciate just like automobiles. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
- Liability - Like auto insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to others if you are responsible for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages and other costs incurred.
- Medical Payments - Medical payments coverage is there to pay for the needed care if there is an accident caused by you. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of who is at-fault. It is an effective way to protect everyone at once.
- Physical Damage Coverage - If you need to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, then this coverage will take care of it. It will also pay for your trailer, if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury - Boat insurance is not always mandatory, so many boaters choose not to get insurance for different reasons. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater and are injured, this coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal - If your boat should be seriously damaged or even sink, there is a good chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat's owner, you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects - Your boat insurance policy can provide coverage for many personal effects taken out on the water, including clothing, jewelry, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling and other sporting equipment, and fishing equipment. There is no way to fully predict what may come up out on the water, so it is important to be ready just in case. Personal effects coverage does not include jewelry, watches or furs. Limits vary by state - contact us for more information.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage - This coverage extends to repair or replace lost equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat, but is designed for use primarily in such a situation. This includes items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps, etc.
- Emergency Assistance - If your watercraft is disabled during use, then the Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery.
At Fox Insurance we know boat insurance. Let us find you the best value boat insurance in Oregon. Let us do the shopping for you so that you can spend more time doing what you enjoy most, boating!
Contact Fox Insurance today to learn more about the best boat insurance options for you!
Offices located at:
4800 SW Griffith Drive, #300, Beaverton, OR 97005