Here in Portland, Oregon and beyond, you can't help but notice that the holiday season has officially arrived! For many of us that means shopping, gifting, decorating, partying, and traveling. And a whole lot of it!
At Fox Insurance Agency we are always on the look out for things that might put our clients at risk. That’s why we wanted to share a few quick reminders this month to help you be aware of some common claim situations.
1. Always be careful with a live Christmas tree. Real trees are beautiful but can be hazardous. Water your tree daily and turn the lights off at night and when you're not at home to help reduce the risk of a house fire.
2. Remember not to leave gifts or other items in your car! A lot of people don’t realize that items in their car are generally NOT covered by auto insurance. While property off premises is usually covered by home and renters insurance, it is typically subject to a much higher deductible. If you must leave anything in the car, put it in the trunk and lock the doors.
3. Planning on traveling out of town? Don’t make it too obvious that you are gone! Leave lights on in the house, stop your mail and newslpapers, and leave your contact information with a trustworthy neighbor who will keep an eye on your home.
4. Always be sure to keep an updated auto insurance card in your car. It's important to have it with you if you get pulled over by the police, and also the card contains important information you may need if you were to have a claim.
5. Remember if you receive some special jewelry for the holidays to be sure and call us! We will review your insurance options to make sure it is properly covered and protected.
We hope you have a safe and joy-filled holiday season. If you have any questions or needs be sure to call us, your local insurance experts at Fox Insurance Agency serving Portland, Beaverton, and throughout Oregon and Washington. We are always ready to assist you with your home insurance policy, auto insurance policy, and other insurance needs. You can also increase your liability protection with a personal umbrella insurance policy. Just ask our agents if your situation may benefit from a policy like this. You can also visit our insurance website 24/7 to see about the other insurance products we offer.
From all of us at Fox Insurance Agency, we wish you a safe and joy-filled holiday season!