Get started early to get your boat ready for spring and summer
If you love the water, few things are better than boating season.Spring and summer just wouldn’t be the same without spending those long, hot days on the water, cooling off with a lazy dip in a lake or river, dropping a line in hopes of catching a “big one,” or having an action-packed day of waterskiing and tubing.
Boating is not without its share of pre-spring/summer preparation.If you’re not on the ball early, it’s easy to find yourself midway through boating season still on dry land.
At Fox Insurance Agency, we want to ensure you’re first in line at the boat launch at the first sign of the season change, so here are a few tips for being ahead of the game.
- Tune it up. It’s always a good idea to have your boat winterized at the end of each season, but whether you did or didn’t get it done last year, make sure to get a full tune-up before you hit the lake this summer.
- Charge it. Make sure your battery is fully charged.
- Clear it out. If there’s a chance any bit of gas from last season is still in your tank, fill it up with fresh gas as well as a stabilizer; this will prevent buildup in the gas lines and injection system.
- Give it a test. Before you get the boat all the way into the water and off the trailer, lower your motor into the water and make sure it will turn over.
- Plug it up. Ensure your drain plug is in and the bilge pump is functioning properly.
- Double- and triple-check. The last thing you want is to be turned away at the ramp for not having an updated registration or missing your ski flag or life vests.Double check that your documents are updated and that your boat is fully stocked with everything you need.
By representing some of the most reputable insurers, who are able to offer some of the most comprehensive policies. We can present you with options that are priced very competitively. Call Fox Insurance Agency today for more information 503-277-2300. We would love to discuss your needs.
We at Fox Insurance Agency wish you a fun-filled and safe boating season!
The information in this article was obtained from various sources and is not all inclusive regarding the subject matter. This content is offered for educational purposes only and does not represent contractual agreements, nor is it intended to replace manuals or instructions provided by the manufacturer or the advice of a qualified professional. The definitions, terms and coverage in a given policy may be different than those suggested here and such policy will be governed by the language contained therein. No warranty or appropriateness for a specific purpose is expressed or implied.